What is Whole Body Cryotherapy?
WBC is the process of exposing the body to hyper cool temperatures in order to elicit the natural healing process. Developed in Japan in the 1970s, WBC is used by professional athletes to decrease recovery time and improve performance and by clients seeking recovery from musculoskeletal pain.
Is Whole Body Cryotherapy for me?
Whether you are a professional athlete, weekend warrior, or generally seeking enhanced health and wellness, WBC can help your body achieve its ultimate potential.
Is Cryotherapy safe?
Yes! Because the temperature change to your body is only superficial, your internal body temperature remains constant throughout treatment.
Who should not use Cryotherapy?
WBC should not be used if you are:
- Have cold, fever, or seasonal infection (flu, sinusitis, etc.)
- Have cold-induced asthma
- Have an open wound or sore (including teeth abscesses)
- Have severe hypertension
- Have hyperthyroidism
- Have tumor diseases
- Have a heart or cardiovascular and respiratory disease (which may include heart disease, hyper- or hypotension, angina, heart failure ischemic heart disease or other rhythmic conditions)
- Have acute respiratory disease
- Have a pacemaker
- Have peripheral arterial disease (Fontaine Stages III & IV )
- Expired venous thrombosis
- Have seizures
- Have bacterial and viral skin infections
- Have acute kidney and urinary tract disease
- Are under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Heart attack which dates less then 6 months
- Have severe anemia
- Have Raynaud’s syndrome
- Have Polyneuropathy